Blank Map on booking flight

Mario Costa

Question

Hello everyone, 

I ran into an issue with the flight booking. On the map, all I see is the blue pin for the VA base, and nothing else. At  first I was able to see other airports ,and even book a flight, but not anymore. Blank map, and it freezes if I try to zoom in or out.

Thank you.

9 answers to this question

Hi.
I am another staff member from the same VA, and also tried force refresh, as well as cache clearing, but still no success. We were working on adding new routes, and the map stopped working as soon as we added the second route. It worked at first as he mentioned.

There are no issues with the maps.

I have checked the VA you are referring to and you have no pairs or routes configured, which is why the map is blank and only showing the pin of your current location.

• Like 1

But I do have another issue now. I click Book flight, but nothing happens. I'm able to select the departure and arrival, as well as the aircraft, but when clicking book flight nothing happens.

Looks like you have quite a few issues.

What happened to your starting WRD callsign? 

You have a route configured to use B737 using a DTA callsign but non of your B737 aircraft have that enabled as a parameter, so the route can't be booked.

The routes where you've entered a route (rather than being manual route planning required) also don't look like they have been entered correctly. (Eg should EXALA UJ614 BG be EXALA UJ614 BENGA?)

We are AVAGROUP, which stands for Angolan Virtual Airliners, and we run two VA’s. 

The first one is a real word company called TAAG Angola Airlines (registered to us on IVAO), and the second one is FlyAvagroup, which is a charter company we created to allow our pilots to fly off schedule, anywhere, anytime. 

At first we meant to migrate both VA’s to Vamsys, but when we realized that our pilots wouldn’t be able to just book any flight with any aircraft on the fleet, without us having to first add the route to the system, we decided to migrate only DTA since it runs on a schedule. It would be impossible for us to keep up with the flight demand at WRD, if we had to create a route every time someone wanted to fly somewhere. 

Regarding the flight booking, I see what I was doing wrong. Thank you for your patience, as we are migrating from a different management system, and things can be a bit confusing in the beginning. But we’ll get the hang of it.